The vegetable oils are now more fashionable than ever. They are those that are extracted from the seeds of certain plants.
Its use is widely extended thanks to its wide range of properties and health benefits . They are used both as ingredients to cook a large selection of dishes, as cosmetics for the skin and hair.
Unlike fats of animal origin, vegetable oils do not contain any amount of cholesterol. In addition, they are very rich in nutrients such as vitamin E, a great antioxidant. In addition, saturated fats of animal origin are characterized by having a high density; thus, they cover the arteries, which can lead to cardiovascular diseases such as myocardial infarction . However, vegetable oils contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which protect the heart and improve your health.
Argan oil, also called desert gold, is one of the best valued products today. It can be consumed as food, and also applied as a cosmetic.
Regarding its properties, this type of oil is made up of 80% essential fatty acids and tocopherols , as well as beta-carotenoids, squalene and phytosterols.
It has a wide range of cosmetic uses thanks to its properties. Many people around the world use argan oil to hydrate their hair, treat acne, prevent the signs of aging on the skin.
- Cardiovascular system: argan oil is rich in essential fatty acids, helping to protect the cardiovascular system.
- Free radicals : thanks to its high content of tocopherols, it is a great antioxidant. It effectively protects both the body and the skin from free radicals, thus preventing premature aging.
- Cholesterol: An excellent vegetable oil for those who have high cholesterol thanks to its epinasterol content.
- Digestion: argan oil is fantastic for improving intestinal transit as it increases the concentration of pepsin.
- Scars: this oil is highly recommended during the healing and healing process of both burns and wounds.
Soybean oil is another of the most demanded foods today thanks to its wide range of properties and health benefits. It has a golden color and its flavor is neutral.
- Menopause : soybean oil is especially recommended for women who are going through menopause to alleviate its own symptoms. It is rich in phytoestrogens, which regulate hormones.
- Memory: this type of vegetable oil is also very beneficial for mental health as it prevents degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Cardiovascular system: an advisable food to take care of the health of the heart and arteries. It is rich in linoleic acid, better known as Omega 3.
- Antioxidant: one of the best known properties of soybean oil is this; It is high in vitamin E, which prevents premature aging of both skin and cells.
Sesame is another of the vegetable oils that are currently more fashionable all over the world. Its texture is very smooth and delicate, and it has a really special flavor. It has a large selection of nutritional properties for the proper functioning of the body , both physically and mentally.
Sesame oil has many uses: reducing bad cholesterol, fighting free radicals, purifying the body, regulating intestinal transit and moisturizing the skin, among others.
- Brain: sesame oil is very rich in nutrients such as zinc, iron and calcium, which significantly improve brain activity. In this way, it enhances the capacity for both concentration and attention, something especially important in older people.
- Energy: thanks to its high magnesium content, this vegetable oil is a great ally to deal with both physical and mental exhaustion. In addition, magnesium strengthens the nervous system .
- Anti-inflammatory: sesame oil is very suitable for those who suffer from diseases such as osteoarthritis or arthritis since it is a natural anti-inflammatory. This is due to its content of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
- Hydration: sesame oil is consumed both in the form of food and as a cosmetic. A 100% natural ingredient that helps hydrate dry skin and provides great firmness to the skin.
More and more people are interested in using flax oil as a dietary supplement. Rich in Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9 fatty acids, it is a great source of nutrients that are very beneficial for health.
Flax oil has numerous properties that greatly help the proper functioning of the body: it reduces the chances of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, prevents the appearance of bone conditions such as osteoporosis , prevents autoimmune disorders …
- Blood sugar: one of the best known benefits of flax oil is the reduction of blood sugar levels; very interesting for those who suffer from diabetes .
- Anti-inflammatory: this type of vegetable oil has great anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, it is of great help in combating the symptoms of diseases such as arthritis or osteoarthritis. Also, in the case of women, it helps alleviate premenstrual syndrome.
- Muscular system : flax oil is especially consumed by athletes as it notably accelerates the recovery of the muscular system after training. In addition, it increases stamina levels in the blood; a substance that is responsible for the energy process.
- Hair: this oil has great benefits for hair health; helps hair grow stronger, healthier and shinier.
And finally, olive oil, the best known of the vegetable oils, and the most consumed of all; it is an essential ingredient in the Mediterranean diet . The cultivation of the olive tree dates back several thousand years; The truth is that throughout history it has been widely used for both nutritional, medicinal and religious purposes by numerous civilizations such as the Egyptian or the Greek.
- Digestive function: olive oil reduces gastric acid secretion, preventing other diseases such as ulcers or heartburn. In addition, it has a slight laxative effect, so it improves intestinal transit and prevents constipation .
- Bone system : olive oil is especially beneficial for bone health. That is why its consumption is so recommended for people of all ages; In the case of children, it favors their development, and for the elderly, it limits the loss of calcium and prevents conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Aging: thanks to its high content of phenolic antioxidants such as vitamin E, olive oil prevents premature aging of both skin and cells.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.