The lips are precisely the sexiest area on a woman’s face. There are many of us who want them to be more voluminous and meaty. Fortunately, beyond cosmetic treatments, there are a large number of tricks to make lips appear larger . No need to go under the knife!
The skin is very different from that of the face, as well as that of any other area of the body. It is characterized by being very fine, sensitive and fragile. It has no melanin and hardly any sebaceous glands, so it is unprotected against external aggressions, such as pollution and sunlight. That is why both heat and cold or the dryness of the environment cause dehydration on the lips.
There is no doubt that wearing dry lips , with skin or chaps is not attractive at all. Thus, it is very important to take care of them daily, using both natural ingredients and specific lip products.
10 best tricks to make lips appear bigger
- Hydration: the first fundamental step is to hydrate them properly. If they are dry and dehydrated they reflect much less light and appear smaller. Exfoliation once or twice a week is important, and daily hydration with a lip balm.
- Exfoliation: exfoliation is very important to show off plump and full lips. With a toothbrush, the lips are rubbed to remove dead cells and activate circulation. Then, dab on a bit of Vaseline or lip balm, and you’re done.
- Delineation: one of the best tricks of makeup artists is to delineate them one or two millimeters outside the line with a pencil. Then you just have to fill with lipstick. Of course, you always have to do it using a pencil of the same tone as the lipstick. To do this trick well, you have to have a little practice, so it is only a matter of time to get a perfect outline.
- Gloss: although matte lipsticks are the most popular today, the truth is that it is lipsticks with a touch of gloss that make the lips appear more voluminous. The reason is that they have a light pigments that are reflected on the lips.
- Cupid’s Bow: Another great trick is to apply small dabs of highlighter to the cupid’s bow, the line above the upper lip. The effect is spectacular!
- Nude Foundation: Many professional makeup artists apply small dabs of nude foundation to their lips before applying lipstick. It is a very simple way to make the pigment last longer.
- Contrasting tones: If you have a little practice with makeup, you can cheer up with this trick. You just have to apply a different lip color to the rest together in the center. This creates an XXL volume effect.
- Light tones: although lipsticks in dark tones, such as purple or burgundy, are currently a trend, they are not the best option to show off thicker lips. Light tones give the illusion of a fuller and fuller mouth.
- Contouring: contouring is one of the most popular makeup techniques globally. Well, it can be applied not only on the face, but also on the lips. It’s as simple as applying small touches of powder foundation a little darker than what we normally use under the lower lip.
- Exercise: This is a very simple and really effective trick. You have to position your mouth as if you were going to pronounce the letter “u” and hold the position for a few seconds. Ideally, repeat this exercise several times a day to strengthen the muscles of the mouth and thus achieve larger and thicker lips.
How to take care of the lips?
For makeup to look in all its splendor, it is very important to take maximum care of the skin of the face. Well, the same thing happens with the lips. It is important to take care of them daily, with specific products and ingredients for this area.
- Hydration: there are hardly any sebaceous glands on the lips, so they tend to dry out. Thus, hydration plays a fundamental role in its care.
- Make-up remover : when removing the lipstick, it is important to use a specific make-up remover for this area, with properties and ingredients that take care of this area of the face.
- Drink water: staying well hydrated is essential for the body to function properly and also to maintain good hydration of the skin and lips.
- Sun: Of course, it is essential to protect them from the sun not only in summer, but throughout the year. The lips do not have sweat glands and their number of sebaceous glands is minimal. Thus, it is very important to apply a facial balm with a high SPF every day.
- Habits: dryness is very annoying, especially during the winter months. Well, constantly wetting the lips with the tongue only produces more dryness, as well as cold sores and wounds. Similarly, it is also not advisable to bite your lips and tear off dead skin.
Natural ingredients to care for the lips
- Vinegar and bicarbonate: the mixture of vinegar and bicarbonate is a very effective home remedy to relieve fever. Of course, this trick only works when the fever starts to come out. Once it is out, it only remains to be patient until it disappears.
- Pineapple: pineapple is one of the best natural ingredients to show off manicured and juicy lips. This homemade trick is as simple as cutting a piece of pineapple and rubbing it over the lips, avoiding rubbing so they don’t dry out.
- Almond oil and beeswax: to make this remedy you have to mix almond oil and beeswax, two ingredients with great hydrating and nourishing power. They are mixed in a pot over low heat for half an hour. Then it is allowed to cool and is applied every night.
- Natural yogurt and lemon: one of the oldest homemade tricks. It is about creating a mask by mixing natural yogurt and a few drops of lemon. It is applied on the lips and is left to act for an hour. Finally, it is rinsed off with plenty of warm water.
- Avocado : applying avocado on the lips they acquire a very soft and velvety texture.
With these tips in mind, it is easy to show off bigger and fuller lips . It is easy to put into practice in daily life. In addition, the natural ingredients mentioned in the previous device can be very beneficial to take care of your health and have a shiny appearance.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.