he consumption of vegetables provides the body with a large selection of nutritional properties that are essential for the proper functioning of the body. The recommended daily consumption of fruits and vegetables is between three and five. The benefits that vegetables bring to the body are worth taking into account.
The benefits of eating vegetables
Eating vegetables is gaining health. Experts point out that it is advisable to take 400 grams of this type of food daily . And it is that they keep a wide range of health benefits.
- Vegetables and fruits are the foods with the highest proportion of water . Therefore, they are essential to keep the body well hydrated.
- Many vegetables are high in fiber , so they help regulate intestinal transit.
- They contain antioxidants , which protect us from certain diseases related to the cardiovascular system and the nervous system .
- The high potassium content helps to eliminate excess fluids in the body, thus avoiding conditions such as fluid retention.
- Vegetables are very low-fat foods ; They contain little cholesterol and triglycerides, which translates into better cardiovascular health.
The best vegetable recipes to take care of your health
We are going to see some delicious and very healthy vegetable recipes.
- 700 grams of spinach
- 1 egg
- 80 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- Warm vegetal
- We wash the spinach well and cook it with almost no water.
- We drain the spinach, chop them and pass them through a Chinese strain to crush them.
- In a saucepan we melt 50 grams of butter.
- Add the flour and when it is golden brown, add the spinach, stirring constantly.
- We let it thicken slightly and then we add the broth and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and cook for 10 more minutes over low heat.
- In a small saucepan we undo the egg yolk with the melted butter and add it to the spinach puree,
Steamed stuffed peppers
- 4 large green peppers
- 100 grams of bread crumbs soaked with milk and drained
- 150 grams of mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 grams of chopped walnuts
- 8 pitted black olives
- 100 grams of rice
- 1 lemon
- Chopped parsley
- We wash the peppers previously divided in two lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cook the rice in plenty of water and strain.
- We chop the mushrooms, the olives, the walnuts and the garlic clove.
- We mix all the ingredients with the rice and the bread crumbs. Season and flavor with chopped parsley.
- Fill the half peppers with this mixture and steam them in the special basket of the pot.
- When they are ready, we take out and sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 750 grams of potatoes
- 1 liter of water
- 4 deciliters of milk
- 2 deciliters of anything liquid
- 1 small onion
- Peel the onion and chop it very finely.
- We peel the cucumber and cut lengthwise. Then, we empty it of seeds and cut it into small cubes.
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- We put a pot on the fire with the liter of water. We add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, we immediately pass them through the mill, reserving the cooking water.
- Put the mashed potatoes, the cooking water, the cream, the milk, the chopped onion and the diced cucumber back in the pot, stirring with the rods.
- Let it cook slowly for 10 minutes and check the salt level.
- Pour into the tureen and sprinkle with the finely chopped dill.
- We serve hot.
Cooked bean sprouts salad
- 100 grams of bean sprouts
- 100 grams of cucumber
- 100 grams of carrot
- 1 lettuce
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- We peel the cucumber and the carrots in julienne.
- We steam the bean sprouts and the carrot for five minutes. Then, we cool in ice water.
- We mix the soy sauce with the vinegar and salt to make the sauce.
- We place the vegetables in a salad bowl and dress with the sauce.
- We thinly slice the tomatoes and place them on top of the salad.
Tomato and pepper coca
- 1/2 kilo of flour
- 1/4 liter of olive oil
- 1/4 liter white wine
- 1 kilo of red, green and yellow peppers
- 1 1/2 kilo of ripe tomatoes
- 60 grams of pine nuts
- 8 cloves of garlic
- In a glass bowl we mix the oil, the white wine, a tablespoon of water and salt.
- Add the flour little by little, working so that the dough is not too strong; it has to be elastic.
- We spread the baking tray with oil and spread the pasta on top. We form the flange and let it rest.
- Now we prepare the filling. In a saucepan, fry the sliced garlic a little. A few minutes before they brown, add the peppers washed and cut into medium pieces. Let it sauté a little.
- Add the peeled and diced tomatoes and let it cook slowly.
- We put the sauce on top of the coca and spread the pine nuts on top.
- We put in the oven preheated to 180º for 30 minutes.
The healthiest vegetables
The carrot is one of the vegetables that best suits our body. It has a large selection of very important nutrients for the proper functioning of the eyes, skin and hair. Carrot is rich in vitamin A and vitamin C , so it also helps protect the cardiovascular system and avoid possible diseases such as myocardial infarction .
Another 100% recommended vegetable, both for adults and children. It is very rich in potassium, magnesium, fiber, vitamin C, and beta-carotene. A great food to deal with any inflammatory process, as well as to treat certain respiratory diseases. Zucchini is also helpful in treating arthritis and rheumatism.
The onion has a peptide known as GPCS , which helps considerably to reduce the loss of calcium from the body , something very important in older people; an essential food for those suffering from osteoporosis . In addition, the vitamin C and folic acid that onion contains make this a great vegetable to take care of the cardiovascular system.
Another great vegetable for effective health care. It is high in vitamins A and C , as well as magnesium. It helps regulate intestinal transit, which is why sweet potatoes are highly recommended for people suffering from constipation . In addition, thanks to its contribution of fiber and iron , it provides great energy both physically and mentally.
Broccoli is a vegetable rich in antioxidants, which help reduce the chances of developing certain tumors. It contains a high amount of beta-carotene, vitamin C and folic acid.
Tricks to include vegetables in a healthy diet
Without a doubt, vegetables are an essential part of a healthy and balanced diet. They have a wide variety of nutrients , such as vitamins and minerals, that take care of our health, both physical and mental.
Not consuming enough vegetables can have serious consequences for our health, such as the risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases or developing certain tumors. Below we explain a series of tips to keep in mind to eat more vegetables.
- Add vegetables to regular recipes: a good way to eat vegetables is by adding them to recipes that you usually take on a regular basis. For example, you can add pumpkin to meatballs, broccoli to pasta, chopped carrot to lasagna … A world of possibilities!
- New options: Another good idea to consume more vegetables is to look for new options. When you go to the supermarket, look for vegetables that you have never tried and try them.
- Raw vegetables: Another good option to consider is consuming raw vegetables. There are certain vegetables that when overcooked are not very palatable. On the other hand, if you eat them raw with lemon or mayonnaise they are a delight.
As you can see, consuming vegetables is an investment in health . In addition, the vast majority of vegetables offer a wide range of possibilities when preparing them: baked, steamed, grilled … This type of food is essential in a healthy and balanced diet, both for children and adults.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.