Oats are one of the most consumed cereals in the world, and also one of the most recommended by nutritionists and health professionals due to the multiple benefits it has for the health of the body. It is a cereal very rich in protein, essential amino acids, vitamins B and E, minerals, fiber and complex carbohydrates, which gives us a lot of energy, while protecting and taking care of our health.
But, oatmeal is not only beneficial for health internally, it is also a cereal with incredible properties for the skin when used topically. It deeply nourishes and hydrates it, eliminates impurities, protects it against harmful agents and leaves it with great softness and luminosity. Although oatmeal can be used in various ways as a skin treatment, in this post we are going to talk about oatmeal water , a liquid that can be used as a regular facial toner and that will give the skin a renewed and beautiful appearance.
We will find out below what are all its benefits and how you can prepare at home.
Properties of oatmeal water for the face
Oatmeal water is a liquid that is obtained from cooking oat flakes with water, and when used externally, it provides many benefits for the skin, beautifying it from the inside and providing, above all, hydration extreme. Let’s see below what are the main properties of oatmeal water for the face and skin in general:
- Maximum hydration: its high content of lipids and substances that absorb water is excellent to prevent the loss of moisture in the skin and, therefore, to prevent dehydration . It is perfect for nourishing the driest skin and preventing flaking and irritation.
- Eliminates dead skin cells: by having natural saponins, it eliminates accumulated dirt in the pores, reduces excess sebum and favors the elimination of all accumulated dead cells that reduce the skin’s luminosity and beauty.
- Eliminate impurities: it is a good product for acne-prone skin with impurities, such as pimples, blackheads, pimples, etc. By regulating the oil in the skin, it also helps prevent the appearance of new impurities.
- Protects the skin and improves skin conditions: regulates the pH of the skin and protects it from all pollutants that can damage its structure. In addition, it is anti-inflammatory and soothes the skin in case of psoriasis , eczema , hives , sunburn, etc.
How to make oatmeal water for the face
To benefit from all these properties and check its wonderful effects on the skin of the skin, it is best to make homemade oatmeal water and use it as a daily facial toner.
- 2 tablespoons oat flakes
- 1 liter of water
Preparation of homemade oatmeal tonic:
- In a pot, pour 1 liter of water and wait for it to boil.
- When it reaches the boiling point, add the rolled oats and boil for 5 minutes.
- After that time, remove from heat and strain.
- Reserve the oatmeal water and let it cool so that it can be used on the skin.
How to use oatmeal water to cleanse your face
The homemade oatmeal toner can be used every day on the face to complete its cleansing, tone and hydrate it in depth.
It is important to apply it on clean facial skin so that its components and nutrients can act favorably. It is enough to moisten a cotton pad with oatmeal water and pass it all over the skin, focusing on those areas where a greater amount of fat and dirt is usually accumulated. It is not necessary to dry the skin after treatment.
Masks with oatmeal water for the face
Oatmeal and yogurt water mask
This facial mask is ideal for hydrating the driest skin and helping to eliminate blackheads. In addition, yogurt also serves to lighten the skin and reduce dark spots, thanks to the lactic acid it contains.
For its preparation, you should mix 4 tablespoons of oatmeal water, 3 tablespoons of unsweetened plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey. The resulting mixture should be applied to a clean face and let it act for 15 minutes. After this time, rinse your face and that’s it! It is advisable to repeat its application 2 or 3 times a week.
Oatmeal, honey and egg water mask
To hydrate the skin of the face and obtain an instant “lifting effect” at the same time, the mask that combines oatmeal water with honey and egg is the best option.
1 egg white should be mixed with 2 tablespoons of oatmeal water and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the mask all over the face, avoiding the eye contour area, and leave for 15 minutes. Egg white provides a tightening effect and is ideal to combat sagging and reduce wrinkles.
Oatmeal shower for the whole body
In addition to using oatmeal water for the face through the previous treatments, as we have pointed out in the properties section, this cereal can be very beneficial to hydrate and nourish the entire skin of the body. For this, there is a very simple treatment: shower or bath with oatmeal water. You should only fill the bathtub with warm water and add 1 liter of oatmeal water and then take a relaxing bath for approximately 20 minutes. When getting out of the bathtub, it is advisable to hydrate the body with a moisturizer that leaves the skin softer and more beautiful.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.