How to grow eyelashes naturally? This is a very popular question among those who find that their eyelashes are becoming weaker and fall very easily. But, as we will see throughout this post, with a few simple tricks and resorting to some natural treatments it is possible to promote their growth and keep them healthy, beautiful and with an incredible length.
The eyelashes, in addition to contributing to the beauty of the face, act as a protective barrier for the eyes, preventing external pollutants from damaging your health, which is why it is very important to take care of them daily and nourish them with the most appropriate products. In the following lines, we are going to show how to make eyelashes grow faster naturally without the need to resort to aggressive or harmful aesthetic treatments.
Foods to grow eyelashes
To strengthen the eyelashes and contribute to their growth, first of all, it is very important to pay attention to food and eat a healthy and balanced diet that provides the body with all the essential nutrients. In addition, there are a series of vitamins and minerals that help the growth of the eyelashes since they always remain beautiful, so they should not be missing in the usual diet. They are as follows:
- Antioxidants: help nourish hair follicles and protect hair from possible damage that could weaken it. As foods very rich in antioxidants, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, avocado , olive oil, fruits of the forest, tomato, kiwi, garlic, fish, carrots, green tea, etc. stand out.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: helps keep hair healthy and lashes are well nourished and hydrated. Oily fish and vegetable oils are good food sources of omega-3s.
- Vitamin H: also called biotin, this B-complex vitamin promotes hair growth, making it healthier, stronger and denser. The foods richest in biotin are egg yolk, beef liver, cauliflower, walnuts, oily fish, bananas, etc.
Oils to grow eyelashes
Among the best home remedies to grow eyelashes quickly, some natural oils with hydrating, fortifying and regenerating properties stand out. The most beneficial for the care and growth of eyelashes are the following:
- Olive oil: deeply conditions and hydrates the eyelashes, promoting healthy growth, thanks to the fact that it contains vitamin E and oleic acid.
- Castor oil: its fatty acids strengthen the hair of the eyelashes and help to regenerate it. It is also a good product to care for and protect eyebrow hair.
- Almond oil: it is very nutritious and restorative, so it strengthens weakened eyelashes and prevents them from falling out excessively.
- Coconut oil : contains lauric acid, linoleic acid, oleic acid and vitamins E and K, which protect the eyelashes from damage from external polluting agents and deeply nourish them.
Application: pour a few drops of the selected oil on a completely clean mascara brush and apply on the lashes from the base to the tips of the same. Repeat the treatment every night for several weeks (1 or 2 months) to notice the results and to be able to show off longer and stronger eyelashes.
Vaseline to lengthen lashes
Used on a regular basis, Vaseline is an excellent lubricant for making lashes grow faster naturally, as by moisturizing and hydrating them, it prevents them from breaking or weakening so easily.
Application: apply a little Vaseline on the eyelashes with the help of a cotton swab or a clean mascara brush. Leave it to act overnight and the next day wash your face with plenty of soap and warm water.
Green tea for eyelash growth
Green tea is an infusion full of antioxidant components that, as we have already seen in the nutrition section, are key to having longer and more resistant eyelashes. In addition, it is a good natural remedy to combat dark circles and bags under the eyes.
Application: prepare an infusion of green tea, soak a gauze or a cotton pad in the liquid obtained and apply on the eyelashes before going to sleep so that the treatment takes effect throughout the night.
Remove make-up from the eyes every night
Removing make-up from the eyes and eyelashes every day before going to sleep is an essential task to maintain healthy eyelashes and not harm their proper growth. Makeup build-up can cause hair to become dry and weak, increasing the chances of lashes splitting or falling out.
It is best to use a specific eye makeup remover and apply it gently with a cotton pad so as not to damage the eyelashes. The most effective makeup removal products are biphasic, which include an aqueous and an oily base, which is ideal for removing even the most difficult and resistant makeup.
Brush lashes daily
Another trick to make eyelashes grow faster is to brush them every day. With this, it is also achieved that they look with a greater thickness and shine. They should be brushed with a specific lash comb from the base to the tips after removing make-up or when they are perfectly clean. If you do not have a brush of this type, you can use a very clean and dry mascara applicator.
Massaging the eyelids
Taking a few seconds to massage your eyelids every night can go a long way toward growing your lashes faster. This simple gesture will increase blood circulation in the hair follicles, thus allowing the nutrients to reach them much better and, therefore, the eyelashes stay stronger and grow healthier. The massages should always be done with the fingertips using gentle circular movements.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.