Pregnancy is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful stages, as it is the beginning of motherhood. During pregnancy, the body goes through major changes, both physical and hormonal. Due to the development of the baby and everything that a pregnancy entails, it is necessary to maintain a healthy life. Here are some healthy tips for pregnancy .
Food and complementary vitamins
In pregnancy, the body requires more vitamins and minerals due to the demanding process it goes through. That is why it is of great importance to maintain a balanced and healthy diet. To guarantee a correct diet and an adequate supply of vitamins and minerals, keep the following tips in mind:
- Avoid fats and sugars.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Do not forget the proteins, although its consumption should be moderate.
- Eat high-fiber foods like oatmeal and whole grains.
- Eat until you are satisfied. Don’t believe the pregnancy myths that say you should eat for two.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B12, such as dairy, meat, and seafood.
- Try to prepare your food cooked or grilled.
- Avoid sausages and refined flours.
- Try to eat little but several times a day. About five or six meals a day will help you facilitate intestinal transit.
- Remember to drink enough water to stay well hydrated.
- Take the prenatal vitamins that your doctor tells you to do. Among some of them, folic acid, iron, vitamin C , among others.
Vitamins and supplements during pregnancy are of great importance to ensure that our body receives the necessary nutrients for the optimal development of pregnancy. Improve your nutrition and baby development with Gestagyn , a food supplement that will help you to supplement the nutritional needs during this beautiful stage.
Also, remember to consume enough fiber to avoid constipation , a common problem in pregnancy due to the compression suffered by the intestine due to the growth of the uterus and the baby. Fiber facilitates intestinal transit, you can find it in oats, whole grains and fruits.
Exercise in pregnancy
In addition to eating right, another healthy pregnancy tip is to stay active . Unless your doctor forbids it, a little exercise is always helpful. The most advisable thing is to take walks, practice yoga or Pilates, and swimming. Thanks to exercise you can obtain the following benefits:
- The feeling of physical and emotional well-being improves.
- The chance of developing perinatal depression is reduced.
- The body can better prepare for the time of delivery.
- Also, recovery after giving birth can be faster.
- You will strengthen your muscles.
- You will improve your blood pressure.
- Blood circulation is favored.
- You can avoid being overweight in pregnancy.
- The risk of gestational diabetes is reduced .
If you want to exercise during pregnancy, check with your doctor if there is no problem with it. You must bear in mind that the intensity of physical activity should be moderate , so you will not demand too much from your body. Also, remember that before each session it is essential to warm up for at least 5 minutes, and at the end, you must stretch for 5-10 minutes.
The workouts or exercises can be done for 20-30 minutes on a daily basis, otherwise, 2 or 3 times a week for about 30-40 minutes. While you exercise, wear comfortable clothes and shoes that allow you to move freely.
Other healthy tips for pregnancy
On the other hand, in addition to exercise and physical activity, rest is also very important. Try not to stand for a long time , do not carry heavy objects, and if you have small children avoid lifting them. Rest is essential for the pregnancy to develop normally, but neither should one fall into a sedentary lifestyle.
- Consult your doctor about the medications you can take in case you feel physical discomfort, since many are contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Remember to wear maternity clothes or loose clothes so that you feel comfortable.
- Avoid wearing clothing that is tight, especially at the belly level.
- It is also important to wear comfortable shoes. High-heeled shoes are discouraged, since during pregnancy you can lose your balance more easily.
- Lead a healthy life. Don’t drink alcohol, smoke, or do drugs.
- Avoid contact with strong chemicals or substances.
- Go to all your prenatal visits to make sure your pregnancy is running smoothly.
- Avoid eating too spicy foods and / or foods, as these can irritate your baby’s skin.
- Find information regarding pregnancy so that you know the changes you are going to experience and are better prepared for the process.
Finally, do not accept advice from anyone , because due to the different myths that exist about pregnancy, many are carried away by popular beliefs that can put you and your baby at risk. The only one who can tell you what you can or cannot do is your doctor.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.