For some years now, the consumption of cosmetics inspired by the culture of South Korea has exploded in our country. In the same way, more and more people are interested in knowing the best Korean cosmetics secrets to show off flawless skin.
Products for both facial treatment and makeup that are highly valued around the world. The reason for its success is that it is a high-end cosmetic at very cheap prices. They are products that offer incredible results from the first application and, in addition, they have a very attractive and beautiful packaging.
Korean cosmetics tricks for youthful and radiant skin
If there is one ritual that is basic to your skincare routine, it is cleansing. The first thing is to remove the makeup from the eyes and let the makeup remover act for a few seconds, helping to dissolve the pigments. In no case should we rub with the cotton pad as this makes it easier for the signs of aging to appear prematurely, such as wrinkles and expression lines.
The cotton pad soaked in make-up remover has to be applied directly to a dry face. The correct way to do it is by making circular movements, from the bottom up.
The Korean cosmetics recommended us a water – based cleaner to prevent the skin from getting too fat. Of course, we have to choose a makeup remover product that suits our skin type.
Like cleansing, toning is a step in the daily routine that no Korean woman overlooks. The tonic repairs the skin barrier in an extraordinary way, with two great effects. For one thing, moisturizers absorb much better. And, on the other hand, the skin is more protected against external aggressions, such as sunlight or pollution.
Of course, exfoliation is key to removing dead cells that accumulate on the skin, thus preventing pores from clogging. In this way we improve the texture and illuminate the face. In addition, we help both cosmetic and makeup products to absorb much better.
It is best to exfoliate the skin of the face once or twice a week, emphasizing the nose and cheekbones.
Hydration is one of the most important parts of your facial care routine , both during the day and at night. It is essential that we choose a specific cream for our skin type. The night cream should have a great density.
One of the areas of our face that we must pay more attention to is the eye contour since the skin is very fine and delicate. Korean cosmetics teach us to use a specific and intensive cream for this area. This is how we fight dark circles and bags, while avoiding the dreaded crow’s feet.
It is just as important to choose an eye contour that adapts precisely to our skin, than to apply it properly. We have to do it by gently tapping with the little finger, avoiding rubbing the product.
Having a humidifier both at home and in the office is a wonderful idea. Moisturizing inside is not the only way to keep the skin in the best condition. With both air conditioning and heating, the environment can become very dry, leading to drier and flaking-prone skin. Thus, a humidifier can be of great help to show off a hydrated and cared-for skin.
Ampoules and serums
One of the cosmetic products that Korean women use the most are ampoules and serums . They deeply hydrate the skin while increasing cell regeneration. In addition, they are of great help to treat certain skin problems, such as acne or age spots.
In Korean cosmetics there are specific ampoules on the market that are of great help to illuminate the skin and minimize expression lines. 100% recommended for people of all ages.
Korean women also adore single-use masks . A ritual that everyone should perform once a week. The fabric of this type of mask ensures that the product does not evaporate and, in addition, when it is in contact with the skin for a long period of time, the nutrients are absorbed much better. The moisturizing power is extraordinary, better than that of any cream.
In the market you can find masks that adapt precisely to all skin types. In addition, today we can find Korean cosmetic masks with great benefits and properties for our face.
One of the great secrets of Korean cosmetics has to do with sun protection. Korean women take maximum care and protection of their skin from the sun’s rays. Therefore, to show off a young and radiant face, we have to use a good sun protection cream, both during the winter and summer months.
Thus we avoid sunburn in the short term and premature aging of the skin in the long term. All this without forgetting that they are sunbathing without adequate protection significantly increases the risk of skin cancer.
In South Korea it is considered taboo for women to smoke. Although it is considered a somewhat macho social norm, the truth is that it has great benefits both for health and for the appearance of the skin. Smoking significantly reduces the amount of oxygen in the blood, causing cells to die out, thus causing premature aging.
The skin clearly reflects what we eat. To make it look resplendent, we have to follow a healthy and balanced diet . If you look at the Korean diet, bet on a high consumption of fresh vegetables such as seaweed, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables and carrots.
On the contrary, the consumption of meat in the Asian country is very low. Red meat is replaced by fish and shellfish , foods with a low caloric intake and rich in high-quality protein.
Koreans are also great lovers of herbal teas , made with 100% natural ingredients. They are very digestive drinks, which facilitate intestinal transit and cleansing the body.
Sleep is one of the best things we can do to show off flawless skin. While we rest, the blood flows to the skin, supplying it with oxygen . In addition, during the hours of sleep the amino acid molecules generate greater amounts of collagen, thus favoring the drainage of liquids and toxins.
What do Korean women do for their skin? Facial routine in 10 steps
The familiar ten-step facial routine can seem like a real odyssey. However, it is a myth that has become popular in the West. While it is true that Korean women include more cosmetic products in their skincare routine, they do not strictly follow these ten steps on a daily basis.
- Make-up remover and / or cleansing oil
- Water based cleaner
- Ampoules and serums
- Face mask
- Eye contour
- Solar protection
5 secrets of Korean cosmetics that are worth knowing
- Skincare and makeup: In South Korea, women value skincare over makeup. That is, they do not try to cover imperfections with makeup, but instead focus on products that allow them to take care of their face in depth.
- Age: we tend to believe that age is the main factor when choosing a moisturizer, or any other facial care product. However, the truth is that cosmetic products are not formulated according to age, but according to the condition of the skin.
- Natural cosmetics: while in the West we tend to prioritize cosmetics, in South Korea the best products are the result of innovations in laboratories. They consider that many synthetic preservatives allow to stabilize the products and, in addition, to preserve them for a longer time.
- Mattifying powders: If there is one makeup product that South Korean women don’t use, it’s mattifying powders. Only in those cases in which they have extremely oily skin, and even then only on specific occasions. They believe that they give the feeling of a look that is too ornate and not very fresh.
- Antioxidant foods: Many of the foods in traditional Korean cuisine have great antioxidant properties. Take kimchi, a bowl of sauerkraut, and a great source of probiotics.
Korean cosmetic treatments to do at home
- Hot towel massage: This home treatment is very simple. You just have to moisten a towel in hot water and place it on a completely clean face. It is left to act for 15 minutes, it is removed and a nourishing and moisturizing treatment is applied. Activates blood circulation and opens pores, thus helping the skin to breathe better.
- Shaving foam: one of the best known Korean treatments worldwide is using shaving foam to treat acne. You just have to apply it to a clean face, massage with your fingertips, let it act for five minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Salty tonic: for this Korean cosmetic home remedy you have to mix a glass of warm water and a tablespoon of sea salt. Then, it is applied to the face with a cotton pad. Sea salt is a natural ingredient that disinfects the skin, while removing blackheads and soothing inflamed areas. After application, the face looks much fresher and with closed pores.
- Soy milk: in South Korea soy milk is a widely used ingredient in the cosmetic field. One of the most traditional remedies is to moisten a gauze in soy milk. It is left to act on the face for half an hour and is removed. The components of soy rejuvenate and deeply nourish the skin.
- Lemons: South Korean women like to show off pale white skin. Thus, they use the juice of a lemon for it. This remedy must be used at night since during the day, due to the sun’s rays, spots may appear on the skin
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.