Made one laser hair removal is the best way to end unwanted hair permanently. It is painless, effective and, thanks to the advancement of technology, it is now within the reach of almost every budget.
This type of hair removal works for practically everyone, although it is advisable to consult an expert in a first session to evaluate the type of skin and if it is suitable for each specific case. Except on rare occasions, which usually coincide with important hormonal changes such as pregnancy, this technique is totally effective and it is possible to eliminate hair forever.
It is necessary to take some precautions with laser hair removal so that the treatment is completely effective and does not suffer any type of side effects.
Tips to optimize laser hair removal
This type of technology is perfectly safe and does not have any notorious side effects, however, it is advisable to take into account some tips for laser hair removal to be completely effective and to avoid certain inconveniences or discomfort during or after each session.
- If you are taking any type of medication, you should notify the professional who performs the hair removal, since some hormonal-based treatments can alter the results of the hair removal. This is the case, for example, with oral contraceptives or some acne treatments.
- It is important not to sunbathe before the session , as it can cause the result to be somewhat irregular and less effective in some areas. It is preferable to start when the skin is not tanned, in autumn or winter. By stimulating melanin production, sunbathing can cause dark spots or areas on the skin, with unsightly results for the person who has undergone the treatment, especially on the face.
- From the beginning of the hair removal sessions, it is advisable to depilate with a blade, never with other methods that extract the hair by the roots, since it must be kept intact to continue receiving the impact of the laser without interference. When the sessions are already very advanced, it is better to go to the appointment without waxing.
- Some creams can interfere with laser sessions, they are those that contain glycolic acid, retinol or some anti-cellulite. Stopping using them a couple of days before the session will be enough.
- To achieve a more optimal result, it is recommended to exfoliate the skin to remove all dead cells and accumulated impurities. Hydration is also very convenient, so it is advisable to consume at least one and a half liters of water daily and apply moisturizer after showering.
- If the laser session is to be performed on the face, it is recommended not to use makeup during the days before and after the treatment.
- Alcohol-based products are very irritating and dry out the skin, so they should be avoided before laser. It is common for deodorants to contain alcohol, so in case of underarm waxing it should be taken into account.
- The laser is practically painless, although some people may find it uncomfortable and prefer to apply an anesthetic cream. It is advisable to consult with the professional about this circumstance and apply the cream at least two hours before the treatment. Although it can be said that, for the vast majority of people, the treatment is completely painless and they do not need any support product before each session.
What to do after laser hair removal
After a waxing session, the skin may be somewhat red and irritated, with these tips, recovery will be quick and complete:
- You can use an aloe vera cream to soothe the affected area for as many days as necessary.
- It is recommended not to sunbathe during the days after the session. If the treatment has been carried out in an unavoidably exposed area, such as the face, it must be protected with specific sun factor creams.
- It is not recommended to use makeup after a waxing session, especially those with a liquid base. In case you need to use it, it is preferable to opt for one of mineral origin.
- Once a week, a gentle exfoliation and good hydration afterwards is beneficial.
- You should opt for clothing made with natural fabrics, such as cotton, and loosely fitted to promote ventilation and avoid irritation.
With these recommendations, laser hair removal will be a success and will end unwanted hair permanently. It is such an effective method that it has become the most requested by men and women around the world. Finally, it is worth remembering an extra precaution: if the possibility of being pregnant is suspected or is intended to be, it is preferable to postpone carrying out this type of treatment until the body recovers its normal hormonal state.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.