Pinaverium bromide (dimethicone) is a medicine used to combat colic and intestinal disorders. Specialists prescribe it, especially, to combat pain that can occur in the digestive system .
From the point of view of its functionality, it intervenes as an inhibitor, that is, it acts on the digestive system, preventing the appearance of constipation . It is also used to treat irritable bowel syndrome and to reduce excess intestinal transit. It is considered an effective solution for the treatment of colitis.
What is colitis?
Colitis is an ailment that occurs due to inflammation of the colon or large intestine and rectum. On many occasions it is confused with diarrhea.
However, the difference is mainly found in that the alteration is accompanied by sores or ulcers inside the colon causing, in many cases, bleeding. To overcome these difficulties, doctors prescribe pinaverium bromide .
The most common symptoms can appear in both men and women of any age. The most common can be summarized as:
- Colic and abdominal pain.
- Bleeding in the stool
- Diarrhea and fever .
- Lack of appetite and general tiredness.
- Excess gas and weight loss.
- Dehydration and anemia.
- Inflammation and pain in the joints.
- Sores in the mouth
- Nausea and skin ulcers.
The causes can be found mainly in genetic factors that produce alterations in the immune system. But also in situations of stress , unhealthy environments such as those caused by pollution and poor hygiene, among others.
The most common types of colitis, depending on where it comes from, are:
- Ulcerative Colitis – Irritation begins in the rectum and spreads to the colon.
- Toxic colitis : worsening of ulcerative colitis that damages the wall of the intestine.
- Colitis due to medications : if we exceed the consumption of some antibiotics, the natural bacteria in the intestine are altered, so the walls of the colon are damaged. The abuse of vitamin C can cause irritation in the mucosa and, therefore, inflammation of the colon.
- Nervous colitis : this type is caused primarily in states of nervousness, anxiety and frequent stress. These conditions stimulate increased contractions in the intestine and disorders in the digestive system.
- Granulomatous colitis : it is produced by an alteration of the body’s defense system. It is known as regional enteritis or Crohn’s disease .
The following simple natural tips will help you prevent the appearance of colitis:
- Eat high-fiber foods like vegetables and fruits, and drink the right amount of water each day.
- Reduce or avoid alcohol and tobacco use as much as possible.
- Chew all foods slowly and follow a diet where you do not skip any of the necessary meals.
- Exclude foods that cause inflammation of the digestive system.
- Get physical activity daily.
What is pinaverium bromide for?
This drug diffuses through the mucosa of the digestive tract to the smooth muscle causing an action on the motor response of the colon, reducing the duration and intensity of contractions during colic. It is a spasmolytic agent that acts locally and is frequently applied as a method to treat colitis or irritable bowel symptom.
It manages to calm the symptoms of diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation and gas. It contains spasmolytic agents that help relieve muscle contractions or cramps.
The pinaverio allows us to reduce the duration of intestinal transit and facilitates evacuation in situations of constipation.
The results of the studies carried out with this drug coincide in pointing out that with pinaverium bromide we manage to relax the gastrointestinal tract, especially the colon. Thanks to this, the functioning of the digestive system is regulated, recovering well-being and comfort in your day-to-day life.
How it is presented and commercial name
Pinaverium bromide comes in 50 mg and 100 mg tablet formats .
Trade name : Dicetel, Verupinol, Blocafer, Zerpyco and Briomon.
50 mg tablets.
They are presented as circular tablets covered by an orange film. They are marked with an “S” on one side and the number 50 on the other. This format is composed of lactose, magnesium sterate, microcrystalline cellulose and talc, among the most common elements.
The coating is mainly composed of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, buticylated methylocrylate, steric acid, microcrystalline cellulose, aluminum yellow, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl sulphonate and talc.
100 mg tablets.
This format is presented in circular and orange tablets with the variant that the number 100 appears on one side. The coatings and ingredients are the same as in the 50 mg tablets.
In the market you can find it with different trade names and presentations. However, you must bear in mind that some of them may not be indicated for some of the conditions that we have mentioned.
In general, we remind you that for the intake of this medicine or others it is essential to consult with your doctor or regular specialist. He will specify the dose and frequency of its consumption, as well as the necessary conditions for its use.
How to use and take pinaverium bromide
Mainly, pinavenium bromide is suitable for the treatment of irritable bowel, nervous colitis and other intestinal disorders.
Treatment consists of taking three doses of 50 mg throughout the day with a glass of water and accompanied by food. The expert doctor can increase the amount up to 100 mg if we do not obtain the expected recovery.
How often and for how long is it advisable to take pinaverium bromide
The tablets are not taken before going to sleep and in reclined positions. The maximum recommended dose is 300 mg and the duration of its consumption depends on the reasons for its use.
If you do not take the tablet at the indicated time, you will have to do it as soon as you have the opportunity and then continue with the medication at its usual times. If the time of the next intake is very close, you should avoid taking that tablet and then take the following tablets at the established times.
The tablets are swallowed directly and you cannot chew or break them in your mouth. Doubling the dose is not allowed.
Warnings in the intake of pinaverio with dimethicone
It is important that you know some of the medical conditions when taking this drug. Treatment intake should be evaluated by an expert in cases of :
- Lactose intolerance , deficiency in the absorption of lactose and glucose and in situations of lack of the enzyme that produces the small intestine or lactase.
- Throat inflammation or irritation. The recommendation for these situations is that you consume it with more water and combined with food to prevent direct contact of the tablet with the irritated area of the throat. Likewise, it is advised that you avoid ingesting it before sleeping or lying down.
- Pinaverium bromide should always be prescribed by a health specialist, who will adjust it to your needs. To do this, they will assess your personal characteristics such as compatibility with other medications, other diseases, your weight and age or any other medical situation in which you find yourself.
The side effects of this medicine can vary and do not occur in the same way in all people, neither in the effects nor in the duration. Only 1% of people have obtained adverse reactions and they have disappeared through medical review or have resolved over time on their own.
In these cases, you have to proceed to the immediate suspension of pinaverium bromide , since some of the consequences can cause intolerable allergic reactions such as difficulties in breathing , dry mouth , sweating in areas of the neck and face, abdominal pain and nausea or vomiting .
The procedure that you must follow, first of all, is to interrupt the consumption of the medicine and go to the doctor to observe your symptoms and, in this way, solve the situation under his supervision. He will indicate all the steps you must follow.
It is contraindicated in case of:
Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Although it is not absorbed, it is the doctor who must prescribe it and weigh the benefits of its intake against the risks.
Combination with other medicines.
If you are using other natural remedies, we advise you to discuss it with your doctor to avoid any incompatibility.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients of the composition.
- Motor dysfunctions .
- Heart failure .
With regard to pediatric use, there are still not enough studies to give this medicine to children because its safety and efficacy have not been proven.
All the factors that have been described can alter the prescription of this drug, so it is always important to inform the specialists of your current health situation to obtain all the benefits that this medical solution brings you.
The benefits of pinaverium bromide contribute to the well-being of your health and allow you to enjoy a more comfortable life. Our intention is to provide you with the most complete and practical information so that you can learn to live better day by day. Always let yourself be advised by the experts. Your health will thank you!
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.