Next, we will talk about their evolution during the last decades, how to wax them correctly, what type of shape favors each face and some tips and techniques to achieve perfect eyebrows .
Evolution of eyebrows in recent decades
The eyebrows, like fashion, undergo constant change according to the trends that are carried at a specific time. We can verify this by remembering the types of eyebrows that have been worn throughout these decades. In the 20s and 30s the eyebrows were very thin and arched, until in the 40s this changed and we began to see more natural eyebrows. During the 50s and 60s we see in fashion icons such as Audrey Hepburn or Marylin Monroe more bushy eyebrows, following their natural shape. Later, in the 1980s, we began to see artists like Madonnathick eyebrows with a disheveled effect, until in the 90s the fashion for thin eyebrows, with a fine line of hair, returned. In 2000 we began to see increasingly thick and bushy eyebrows, until today, where this type of eyebrow is worn but with a perfect design.
To achieve this type of eyebrow, it is necessary to use specific makeup products. There are several types, there are powder, ointment, pencil and gel format. The choice is based on tastes, it will also depend on the finish we want. If we are looking for a very natural finish, we will use the gel format, since it will only fix them so that they do not move and will give them a touch of color. If, on the contrary, we want to achieve a more populated finish, we will use any of the other formats and fill in the bald spots, giving them the shape we want at the same time.
In addition to makeup, there are techniques that are more durable over time, such as micropigmentation. It consists of depositing pigment with a needle in the area where it is necessary and to achieve a more natural effect, the color is applied hair by hair. It is like a kind of semi-permanent tattoo, since its effect lasts for several months, it depends on each person.
Waxing depending on the type of face
However, the most important step to achieve perfect eyebrows is to pluck them correctly for each face. First, you have to look at the shape of your eyebrows, whether they are straight, rounded or triangle-shaped, and respect your natural shape. Then, determine where your eyebrow is born taking as reference the wing of the nose and place a pencil in a straight line from the tear duct to the birth of your eyebrow. Then, to mark the arch of the eyebrow , look straight ahead and place the pencil from the wing of the nose to the outermost part of the iris. To determine where your brow ends, put the pencil back in a straight line from your nose to the outside of the eye. Finally, analyze your face to find out what type of eyebrow is best for you.
- If your face is round , the most suitable are rising eyebrows with a fairly pronounced peak, the higher it is, the more it will favor you. In this way, you will balance the roundness of your face.
- If your face is square , you need slightly rounded triangle eyebrows, less than in the previous case, which will soften these square features so marked.
- If your face is elongated , the most suitable eyebrows are straight and horizontal, to achieve a visually shortening of your face acquiring a more oval shape. Make sure the end extends beyond the end of the outer part of the eyes.
- If your face is heart- shaped , you should avoid thick eyebrows and make them thin, rounded and short, this way you will get the forehead to visually shorten, making your face compensate.
- If your face is oval , you are lucky because all types of eyebrows favor you, just take into account the steps mentioned above and you will get perfect eyebrows. Although, if you want to make sure you get the right choice, opt for slightly arched classic eyebrows.
Once we have marked the birth, the arch and the end of the eyebrow, and the right type of eyebrow for our face, it is time to start plucking. We will start by using a white or flesh colored pencil to draw the exact shape we want on our eyebrows. There are several methods to remove wax, tweezers or facial epilators, if it is the first time you pluck your eyebrows, it is advisable to start with the wax to remove as much of the hair as possible and then be more precise with the tweezers. Facial epilators are also effective, but they are imprecise. When we have finished waxing, it is very important to calm the area with ice or aloe vera, since our skin will be red and irritated and will need to be repaired.
Helpful hair removal tips
- It is advisable to wax after you shower, as the follicles will be open and it will be less painful for you. And if possible, do it at night, so that the area is not further irritated by the sun and can recover well while we sleep.
- Brush the brow up and trim the excess hairs for more docile brows.
- If you don’t like the end result, you can always resort to makeup.
- A beauty trick to get thicker eyebrows is to apply castor or coconut oil, egg yolk, petroleum jelly, onion juice or milk.
In conclusion, to pluck the eyebrows we must take into account many factors. It is very important to know what type of eyebrow favors each face, as well as the way in which we carry out the process and also repair the irritated area when finished. If you have thin and unpopulated eyebrows, you can use makeup or micropigmentation and you will have perfect eyebrows.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.