The rosemary alcohol is one of the best ways to take advantage of all properties of this plant. It can be prepared quickly and easily at home since rosemary is a very easy plant to find in herbal stores; it can even be grown in a pot at home.
It is essential to make rosemary alcohol to choose a plant that has not been treated with any type of chemical element; in this way, we make sure that it is 100% natural and we can make the most of its properties.
What is rosemary?
The rosemary is a perennial shrub whose leaves are very small and very bright green. It is originally from the Mediterranean area and has a great popular tradition.
Rosemary is an aromatic plant that is commonly used in the preparation of certain dishes; It is one of the most used condiments, especially in recipes for meats and sauces.
In addition to its use in the kitchen, it also has great properties and health benefits. Thus, rosemary alcohol is a product widely used by professional chiropractors when performing massages, treating muscle aches and stomach heaviness … It has a large selection of benefits for the body.
What is rosemary alcohol for?
Next we will explain all the conditions that can be treated with rosemary alcohol.
- Vascular and circulatory conditions , such as varicose veins or cellulite . Rosemary alcohol is a natural remedy widely used among those who suffer from varicose veins or heavy legs because they work all day on their feet.
- It is also very effective in treating certain degenerative problems , such as osteoarthritis or rheumatism thanks to its high antioxidant content.
- One of the most common uses of rosemary alcohol is to treat muscles that are stiff or sore to a greater or lesser extent. We all remember the rubs with this type of alcohol that our grandmothers used to treat all kinds of muscle conditions .
- Rosemary alcohol is also used to prevent and stop hair loss , a condition that commonly occurs in men over 50 years of age.
- In the case of diseases of the respiratory system , such as asthma or bronchitis, inhalations of rosemary help significantly to relieve symptoms.
- Another of the most popular uses of this type of natural alcohol is to treat colds and flu ; rosemary alcohol is applied by rubbing the chest and back.
Rosemary alcohol and cellulite
Cellulite is one of the aesthetic problems that most affects women; It can also occur in men, although it is much less common. It is a skin condition that occurs when soft tissues become inflamed due to a problem with circulation or the lymphatic system , thus giving rise to the formation of small nodules due to the accumulation of fat in the deep layers of the skin.
Well, rosemary alcohol is a very common external use product to treat cellulite thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory action ; It is very effective in combating fluid retention and activating blood circulation.
In addition, it significantly tones the skin , making it a home remedy that works wonders to prevent sagging and maintain elasticity.
For the effects of rosemary alcohol against cellulite to be visible, it is important to apply it consistently and have healthy lifestyle habits.
Rosemary alcohol properties
This active plant ingredient has a large selection of very beneficial properties for the treatment of numerous conditions both in the body, as well as in the skin and hair.
On the one hand, it is one of the most powerful natural toners that exist thanks to its high content of rosmaricin , an alkaloid that significantly improves blood circulation. In addition, it reduces the feeling of heaviness and fatigue in the legs.
On the other hand, rosemary alcohol is an antioxidant , which is why it has been used since ancient times as a natural remedy against osteoarthritis.
And finally, this type of 100% natural alcohol is very popular among those who suffer from alopecia . And it is that rosemary alcohol is very effective in preventing hair loss to a great extent. In addition, it provides strength to the hair follicles and prevents excess sebum secretion on the scalp. All this thanks to its high content of minerals such as iron.
It is important to remember that rosemary alcohol is a 100% natural remedy that should only be used externally; that is to say, its consumption is strictly prohibited since it could significantly damage the health of both the stomach and the liver. Nor is it advisable to abuse its topical application because it can cause irritation and redness of the skin.
In the case of pregnant or lactating women, they should not use rosemary alcohol. Its use is not indicated in those people who suffer from certain dermatological diseases, such as eczema or psoriasis .
How to make rosemary alcohol at home step by step
If you are interested in making your own rosemary alcohol, you should know that it is a very simple process. The most important thing is that the plant is fresh and 100% natural . You can also use a dried rosemary plant, but the result is not as active.
- The first step to begin with the elaboration is to fill a glass container with the rosemary plant; You can even introduce the trunk as it also has a series of very beneficial properties for health. Of course, there are also those who choose to add only flowers.
- Once the container is filled with the rosemary plant, it is covered with 96º alcohol, which can be found in any pharmacy. Then, the container is hermetically closed and left to marinate for 15 days in a dark and dry place.
- It is important to shake the container every day. Once the maceration time has elapsed, you simply have to filter the alcohol and store it in a dark container with hermetic closure; it is stored in a place out of sunlight and can be used whenever needed.
As you can see, the process to make homemade rosemary alcohol is not complicated at all. You just have to have a little patience since it should take half a month before you can start using it.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.