The royal jelly is a viscous substance that bees under 15 days old segregating through their hypopharyngeal glands. It is one of the most nutritious foods that nature provides, as it is very rich in vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids. Only with a small daily dose of royal jelly can we increase the body’s energy, strengthen our immune system , keep the brain active and improve the general health of the body.
It is a great food supplement for all ages, but as with any other natural product, it is important that before taking it, we inform ourselves about its contraindications and the recommended daily doses. In this post, we are going to detail what are the properties and benefits of royal jelly for health , how it should be taken and in which cases its use is not advisable and should be avoided.
Composition of royal jelly
- Water (60%).
- Proteins (13%).
- Carbohydrates (13%).
- Fatty acids (5%).
- Vitamins: vitamins A, B, C, D and E.
- Minerals: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium , sodium.
Health benefits of royal bee jelly
Prevents and treats diseases
- Increases defenses: it has the property of strengthening the immune system in a natural way and, thanks to this, it helps the body to fight all those viruses and pathogens that can make it sick. This also makes it excellent for preventing anemia.
- Beneficial in case of cold or flu : it has antiviral, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties, making it effective in alleviating symptoms associated with catarrhal processes and flu symptoms. It also protects the body from the effects of cold and is a good remedy for bronchitis, sore throat, sinusitis and otitis.
- Excellent in case of cardiovascular diseases: improves blood circulation and helps control high levels of cholesterol or triglycerides in the blood. Therefore, it is a good natural treatment in case of arteriosclerosis and to regulate blood pressure.
- It is an antioxidant: it acts actively against the action of free radicals in the body, which are responsible for many diseases, including cancer. It prevents cellular oxidation, delays aging and favors the regeneration of damaged body tissues.
It is a great natural stimulant and energizer
- Provides a lot of energy: it provides the body with the extra energy and physical resistance it needs at certain times in life. It is excellent for fighting fatigue, tiredness and loss of appetite.
- Beneficial for brain activity: it helps to keep the brain active and young and improves memory and concentration considerably.
- It is good for the growth of bones and muscles and for them to remain in perfect condition.
- It contributes to the proper functioning of vital organs, such as the heart, kidneys and liver.
Help in case of anxiety and depression
- Improves and regulates mood.
- Maintains the balance of the nervous system .
- Reduces daily stress and helps fight post- traumatic stress .
- Helps relieve tension and nervousness.
- Reduces the symptoms associated with generalized anxiety.
- Improves cases of mild depression.
- It favors rest and improves the quality of sleep.
Excellent for male and female health
- Helps balance the male and female hormonal systems.
- It is a good natural aid for cases of impotence , male infertility and loss of sexual desire.
- In menopause , it reduces discomfort and irritability and helps improve mood.
Improves the health of skin, hair and nails
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- It fights skin aging, renewing cells and preventing the formation of wrinkles.
- Provides firmness and smoothness to the skin.
- It is excellent for treating dryness, eczema, and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Promote healthy hair and nail growth.
- Reduces excess hair loss.
- Hydrates and nourishes the scalp.
- It is a great natural product to fight acne.
Who should have royal jelly
Due to all the benefits of royal jelly for health that we have mentioned, its consumption is recommended in a special way in the following cases:
- Fatigue, stress, anxiety, depression, apathy.
- Lack of energy, weakness, physical and mental fatigue.
- Lack of appetite, malnutrition, anorexia, growth problems.
- Insomnia or trouble resting properly.
- Immune disorders.
- Cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Arterial hypotension
- Alzheimer’s , memory and concentration loss.
- Female hormonal disorders.
- Urinary incontinence .
- Impotence, infertility and lack of sexual appetite.
How to take royal jelly
Royal jelly can be taken as a nutritional supplement and can be found in the form of capsules or ampoules in health food stores, large supermarkets or stores specializing in the sale of natural products. It is very important to follow the consumption instructions to take advantage of all its properties and avoid side effects.
Some of the consumption recommendations that should be taken into account are:
- In adults, the recommended dose of royal jelly ranges between 200 and 500 mg.
- The recommended dose of royal jelly for children is between 100 and 250 mg.
- It is best to take it in the morning and for better absorption, it can be placed under the tongue until it dissolves completely.
- It is not recommended to take it for more than 2 months in a row. You must rest 1 month before consuming it again.
- To keep it in good condition, it is preferable to keep it in the refrigerator.
Contraindications of royal jelly
It is important to know the contraindications and side effects of royal jelly consumption to avoid endangering the health of the body. Its intake is not recommended in case of:
- Overweight or obese
- Addison’s disease.
- Asthma .
- Pregnant women should consult their doctor in advance if the consumption of royal jelly is beneficial for them during pregnancy.
When excessive amounts of royal jelly are consumed, the following side effects may appear:
- Allergic reactions.
- Rise in blood pressure.
- Excessive hormonal activity.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.