The skin is the largest organ in the body . It occupies approximately two square meters and is between 4 and 5 millimeters thick. In total, it is estimated that it weighs 5 kilos.
The skin is one of the most important organs we have because it acts as a protective barrier against external agents, such as pollution or heat, among others. In addition, it fulfills a wide range of functions: it is self-healing, eliminates toxins from the body and can warn of a large selection of diseases with the appearance of pimples or spots .
Why is it important to take care of the skin?
There are many people who consider that the skin does not need any type of care. Nothing could be further from the truth; the truth is that you have to take care of it with care throughout your life. The main risk for the skin is excess sunlight; It can cause burns, as well as premature aging of the skin and even the development of certain diseases such as skin cancer.
Taking care of your skin has a wide variety of benefits that are worth considering.
- One of the main advantages of taking care of facial skin throughout life is to delay as much as possible the signs of aging , such as wrinkles or expression lines.
- The skin looks much more energetic and luminous.
- The appearance of tiredness disappears.
- It is more difficult for acne or blackheads to appear.
- The skin has a smoother and velvety texture .
The best foods to take care of the skin
Next we are going to see which are the most suitable foods to take care of the skin. In addition, they have many other benefits for both the physical and mental health of the body. Very healthy food for both young and old.
Although it is not a food as such, the truth is that water is essential to show off splendid skin at any age. The ideal is to drink two liters of water a day so that the organism is well hydrated.
Certain citrus fruits such as lemon or orange are very beneficial foods for the skin. They are very rich in vitamin C , which is considered a powerful antioxidant; It favors the formation of collagen , which allows the skin to maintain its elasticity and firmness, preventing the premature appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
This type of fruit can also be taken in the form of juice. Nothing better than an orange or lemon juice to start the day with energy and, in addition, to help skin care.
For citrus fruits to keep their properties intact, it is important to peel them just when they are going to be consumed.
If you really want to take care of your skin, tomatoes are a food that you should include in your diet. It is high in lycopene , a substance that protects the skin from free radicals , such as pollution or UV rays from the sun. This is very important because it is precisely free radicals that most promote premature aging of the skin.
Some types of meats can also be of great help when it comes to taking care of the skin. They have a high content of proteins, which prevent the loss of muscle tone and favor the firmness of the skin. In addition, they are rich in vitamin B6 and selenium , two substances that greatly prevent the appearance of spots caused by age or the sun.
Broccoli is a vegetable rich in antioxidants, as well as vitamins E and C . All these substances are very beneficial for the skin. Antioxidants protect the skin from free radicals,
Some of the healthiest blue fish are salmon, sardines, tuna and mackerel. They are very rich in Omega 3 fatty acid , which is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it is fantastic for deflating the skin.
The carrot is one of the most favorable foods for the skin, so it is worth taking it into account. It is very rich in beta-carotene , a precursor of vitamin A, which considerably reduces flaccidity and mitigates wrinkles and fine lines.
One of the best known benefits of carrots has to do with its protective properties; Not only does it help you get a much faster tan, but it also helps make it last longer. Of course, this does not mean that sunscreen creams should not be used.
Skin care tips
Once we have seen what are the best foods to take care of the skin, we are going with some tips that can be of great help.
- Sun protection: it is precisely overexposure to the sun that is the main cause of the appearance of wrinkles. Therefore, it is very important to use a cream with a suitable sun protection factor for each skin type. You can currently find a large selection of moisturizing creams and makeup bases on the market that already incorporate a sun protection factor.
- Hydration: it is essential to hydrate the skin so that it looks fabulous, both outside and inside. For this, it is essential to drink two liters of water daily, as well as to use a facial and body moisturizer.
- Makeup: in relation to the skin of the face, it is essential that you remove your makeup every night. If you don’t, the pores are covered by makeup overnight, preventing the skin from breathing and regenerating.
- Dry your skin: When you shower, avoid drying your skin by rubbing the towel over your body because this only makes the skin dry. The best way to do this is by tapping the towel.
- Sleep: to show off glowing skin it is also important to get enough hours of sleep. It is advisable to rest between seven and eight hours a day.
- Tobacco: tobacco is one of the elements that feel worse on the skin; it turns off its luminosity and accelerates its aging process.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.