September is a month of great changes, in which practically everyone sets goals to achieve. Well, in many cases getting in shape is one of them. Thus, it is interesting to know which are the sports in which more calories are burned and, therefore, favor the loss of body fat .
Contrary to what you might think, some of these sports are suitable for people with all types of physical conditions. While it is true that certain disciplines are of high intensity, there are others such as running accessible to all.
5 star sports to say goodbye to extra kilos
Practicing any type of physical exercise is very beneficial for health. However, there are a number of sports that burn tons of calories during sessions, so they are great for saying goodbye to fat and shedding a few pounds.
Crossfit is one of the star sports of this year 2018; more and more women and men around the world are encouraged by it as it allows you to get in shape in a short time. Just 20 minutes of exercise is enough to burn 270 calories .
It is an activity based on military training that combines balance, strength, elasticity and resistance. During the sessions, high intensity exercises are carried out that force to work several muscle groups at the same time.
- Accelerates the metabolism: in addition to a great loss of calories, this sport significantly accelerates the metabolism. In this way, the body continues to burn calories after the training is finished.
- Improves endurance: the exercises practiced in crossfit are high intensity, making it a fantastic activity to improve and increase cardiovascular endurance.
- Increase mobility: in crossfit sessions all the muscles and joints of the body are worked. That is why this sport improves mobility, thus reducing the risk of injury with physical activity.
The body pump is another of the most popular sports activities this year 2018. It is known as a physical training program that combines aerobic exercises with weight lifting . The classes last one hour and in them more than 500 kilocalories are burned .
The main objectives that are achieved with the habitual practice of body pump are twofold. On the one hand, thanks to the large amount of calories that are burned during the sessions, body fat is lost. And, on the other hand, it increases muscle mass. In this way, the main objective of the body pump is not to lose weight, but to reduce the percentage of body fat and increase that of muscle mass.
- Take care of the cardiovascular system: one of the great benefits of the body pump is that it keeps the cardiovascular system in shape, thus greatly preventing the development of certain disorders such as obesity or diabetes .
- Strengthens the joints: This sports activity strengthens the joints throughout the body, which is very beneficial to avoid the risk of injury.
- Releases stress : beyond the benefits on a physical level, the body pump also helps to release stress, thus eliminating accumulated tensions.
Zumba is causing a sensation around the world as it is an exercise of the most fun and, in addition, it allows you to burn up to 800 calories in just one hour . It is an activity in which different rhythms of Latin dances are combined: salsa, merengue, reggaeton … A discipline whose origin is located in Colombia at the beginning of the 90’s. Then he traveled to the United States and, from there, to everything the world.
In Zumba classes, more moving rhythms are combined with slower ones. In addition, each song has a certain choreography, so the exercises to perform are always different.
- Supports the loss of body fat: increasing the heart rate above its normal capacity burns calories. Zumba is a great activity to say goodbye to accumulated body fat.
- Tone the muscles: this discipline is based on aerobic movements, thus favoring the toning of the arms, legs, abdomen and buttocks.
- Improve social life: Zumba classes are group classes, so it is a good opportunity to meet people and make new friends.
There are those who link boxing with aggressiveness and violence. However, experts say they go much further. This sport includes a wide range of exercises that are not related to contact. In a single session, which lasts about an hour, you can burn up to 1,000 calories .
- Works the whole body: Boxing is a sport that works the whole body, so it is a great option to get in shape; pectorals, tricets, abs …
- Improves Agility and Coordination: Agility and coordination are two key aspects of boxing practice. Each of the blows has its technique, as well as its position and speed of execution.
- Improves circulation: Many of the movements in boxing are performed at the highest possible speed, which has a positive effect on blood circulation.
In recent years, the number of people who dare to practice running has increased significantly. One of the main advantages it presents is that it is a discipline that everyone can practice outdoors ; You don’t even need to join a gym for it.
The calories burned during running depends on many factors: distance covered, speed, sex … In general, a runner at a moderate speed can consume 420 kilocalories.
- Improves the bone system : running is an impact sport, in a way that helps the bones to strengthen and increase their density. Something especially important among the adult population.
- Fight cellulite : one of the main reasons why many people, especially women, are encouraged by running is because it is an activity that works very well to eliminate orange skin.
- Tone: the practice of this activity tones and strengthens the legs, arms, abdomen and back.
Tricks to burn fat faster
Here are some tricks to burn body fat faster.
- Time of day: it is important to know what is the best time of day to exercise. Well, the experts point out that the best thing to do is to do it in the morning; and, if it is fasting, better.
- Water before eating: to avoid overeating, a good trick is to drink a couple of glasses of water before eating. In this way the feeling of satiety will be greater, thereby reducing the calories consumed.
- Walking: not everyone can dedicate several hours of the day to practicing their favorite sport. Well, in this case, it is recommended to take a walk of between 30 and 60 minutes daily; a low intensity activity but that helps burn calories.
Taking into account the activities that burn the most calories, you will surely be able to say goodbye to accumulated body fat once and for all. Remember that when it comes to losing weight, sport accounts for 20% of the final result ; the remaining 80% is food.
Therefore, in addition to practicing physical exercise, it is important that you follow a healthy and balanced diet , favoring the consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and fish.
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.