This year 2018 there is a great selection of foods and drinks that are very fashionable. Luckily, all of them are very beneficial and healthy, with a large selection of properties for the proper functioning of the body . The truth is that the vast majority of them are not a recent invention at all; However, they have become very popular this year thanks in part to social networks such as Instagram.
Trendy foods in 2018
Fermented foods set a trend last year 2017, and everything indicates that they will continue to be so in 2018. In the market we can find a large selection of this type of food, with numerous benefits and properties for the body.
In general, fermented foods tone the digestive system , to which we must add that through fermentation the foods acquire a state of semi-digestion; thus, the stomach and intestine have to work much less when processing these foods, thus improving digestion. In addition, the fermentation increases the contribution of certain key vitamins health, especially group B .
These are some of the fermented foods most consumed today:
- Saurkraut: is the name given to fermented cabbage. A food highly appreciated for its high content of vitamin C , which notably strengthens the immune system .
- Kimchi: a classic of Korean food, and currently enjoying great popularity in the West. It is obtained by fermenting Chinese cabbage. It has a great antioxidant power.
- Kefir : Fermented yogurt is known as kefir, a great probiotic. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
The avocado is one of the most nutritious foods in the world and also one that is most fashionable at the moment globally. It has a great selection of health benefits.
- View: avocado is very rich in a caratenoid known as lutein, which absorbs ultraviolet rays from the sun. In this way, the eyes are protected, thus minimizing the chances of developing diseases such as cataracts or macular degeneration.
- Cardiovascular system: this food is very rich in healthy fats and vitamin E, two nutrients that notably strengthen the cardiovascular system.
- Cholesterol: when it comes to cholesterol, avocado is rich in Beta-Sitosterol, a substance that keeps cholesterol levels low. In addition, this food is high in monounsaturated fat, which reduces the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Pregnancy: for pregnant women, avocado is a 100% recommended food since its high content of folic acid helps the fetus to develop correctly.
If there is a food that is currently a trend, it is edible flowers . Many of them, such as the pumpkin flower , have a wide range of very beneficial nutrients for health: vitamin intake, improved digestion, antioxidant properties … Thus, flowers have become the star ingredient to accompany numerous dishes , as well as to prepare teas and infusions.
The truth is that the use of flowers in the kitchen is not at all something recently invented. In ancient Chinese society, this ingredient was already used. One of the times when edible flowers reached their peak was during the reign of Queen Victoria . From there they fell into oblivion in many areas of the world, until now they have rejoined the gastronomic world.
Only the pumpkin itself has always been used from the pumpkin plant. However, the flowers of this plant also have a large selection of properties and benefits. The pumpkin flower is a food that consists mainly of water, so it is an excellent source of hydration ; In addition, it has a very low caloric content. In addition, this flower is rich in calcium , which helps to significantly strengthen the bone system .
Along with the pumpkin flower, the jasmine flower is widely used throughout the world, especially for making tea. This drink has calming properties , making it a great option for those suffering from stress and anxiety. In addition, jasmine tea has analgesic properties, so it also helps to relieve pain.
The tea kombucha is the star of this year 2018 drink as it helps to lose weight, detoxify the body, improve digestion and also strengthens the immune system . It is a fermented drink that is made from sweetened black tea, which is fermented with a colony of bacteria and yeasts called SCOBY. Thus, during the fermentation process, the sugar is separated from bacteria and yeasts. The result is a drink with a slight acid taste, and very refreshing.
Kombucha is a drink very rich in vitamins, especially of group B; it is also high in vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system. This drink also contains iron, zinc, copper and manganese; essential nutrients for the proper functioning of the body.
There are many stars who have already joined the fashion of drinking this drink: Gwyneth Paltrow, Leonardo di Caprio, Olivia Culpo …
Cocktails without alcohol
Another of the most fashionable drinks this year 2018, which has an increasing number of followers. Non-alcoholic cocktails, also known as mocktails , are made with natural fruit juices, as well as creams, ice creams, and even spices.
A very healthy alternative to alcoholic cocktails, and with a large number of properties and health benefits. Without a doubt, the best option for those who are following a weight loss diet.
In the market we can find a wide range of different recipes, made with all kinds of fruits: coconut, lemon, blueberries, papaya … A world of possibilities!
Hello Readers, I am Nikki Bella a Psychology student. I have always been concerned about human behavior and the mental processes that lead us to act and think the way we do. My collaboration as an editor in the psychology area of Well Being Pole has allowed me to investigate further and expand my knowledge in the field of mental health; I have also acquired great knowledge about physical health and well-being, two fundamental bases that are directly related and are part of all mental health.